Friday 16 July 2010

Brief Introduction

I am what they call:
A logistician by accident.

I started my career as a Banker. After 2 good years of banking experience, I upgraded myself to become an Analyst for a fund management company. Within one year, I was promoted to become a Fund Manager. In 1997, I was assigned to set up an asset management company in Hong Kong. But unfortunately, the following year was the year of Asian Financial Crisis. I had to return back to Malaysia in 1999 and that was the most boring years in my working life. Capital market was extremely quiet while mergers & acquisition was only capped to the minimum. Malaysia imposed the capital control and everytime Dr M opens his mouth, the market went down.

Then I decided to make a career shift into Supply Chain Management ... and there is no turning back.

I left my fancy suit and tie, and exchange it into jeans and t-shirts. But, I do have more advantage than those who is into logistics by design (because they study in school), as I always analyze and see events as numbers. This is one skill that is missing from the local supply chain managers. And I proved myself to be even better than my skills in the capital market bacause in 2008, I have been chosen one more time to execute a supply chain project in Vietnam - my second stint as an expartriate in 2 very different fields! I don't think anyone can top that!

Today, I am one of the well known Speakers in Supply Chain Fraternity. I am also the known in the market as speaker & and a Trainer who talks with passion in Creative Thinking, Strategies and Management Skills. I too have been invited to speak at forums and seminars in Malaysia, Hong Kong, Vietnam and Singapore. Not stopping there, I am also a guest Lecturer for Strategic Management for UTM & OUM. Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) too has approved me as one of the authorized key person to speak and lecture on all supply chain matters.

For the record too, I never see anyone sleeping in all my classes and seminars ... hahaha! I think by today, I have trained more than 1,000 people + counting.

I also have written a book called Logistics by Accident, but it is still not published yet. Well... I am working to get some endorsement by local authorites before I am able to print it out.

This blog is solely dedicated on management skills, articles and the books that I read. I want to share my knowledge to all because knowledge is to be shared and not kept by oneself. After all tomorrow 17th July 2010 will be my 40th birthday. If the time has come for me to see God, I want to leave a legacy and shared knowledge to all.

Do give me an email for any questions: drnazry@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment